Hi, my name is Corinne and I have a problem. I have an addiction to my phone. I think I might be in love with it. It’s getting in the way of my life. It’s consuming my every thought. I can’t function properly with it, but the thought of being without it cripples me more. I’m not sleeping, I can’t focus on other tasks, I can’t even leave the house without fear of bumping into someone and getting hurt.
Things are bad man.. are you addicted to your phone, too?
Here are some of the ways to tell.
How to tell if you’re addicted to your phone.
- You panic when you’re battery goes under 40%
- You’re late to events because you need extra time to charge.
- You press your home button to check for notifications even if it’s not lit up.
- You press other peoples home button out of habit.
- You panic about losing your
soulphone so have to check it’s still there every 5 minutes.
- Having it in your bag panics you YOU NEED CONTACT AT ALL TIME.
- You refresh every social media app constantly, then start again.
- You get in your car and spend 5 minutes looking at your phone before setting off.
- You drive home and spend 10 minutes sat in your car looking at your phone before you get out.
- You often think of pulling over en route somewhere to check WhatsApp and reply.
- You’re known for waking up at silly O’Clock, sending a message or Tweet and then going back to sleep.
- You use an average of 25GB of data a month (thanks Vodafone for that text!)
- You have to add extra data to your bundle each month.
- You often go to the bathroom without even needing it just to check your phone :/
- Everything feels pointless without your phone.
- You know you are doomed.
Are you an addict, too?
If you wanna talk about it, I’m here bro.