The struggle IS real for iPhone users.
I’ve been there so many times, when at 36% it suddenly goes flat. It jumps from 40% to 15% in a matter of minutes.
I honestly think that iPhones have a mind of their own. They’re like cats, they know how much we love them and need them and pander to their needs so just get all diva on our ass.
So when you’re sick of your iPhone battery dying (why can’t it be as good as an iPad, right?) then these tips might be for you.
- Close your apps. Double click the home screen and swipe away all those apps running in the background.
- Turn down your screen brightness.
- Turn of any notifications. I have group chats muted and don’t get any notifications from Twitter, Instagram or other apps as it drains your battery faster to have notifications constantly lighting up your screen.
- Turn off vibrate. Do you need your phone to vibrate every time you get a notification or message? Not only is it annoying, but it drains your battery a bit more every time.
- Watch your signal strength. If you’re in a place where signal is bad, or no existent (think of your locker at work), flip your phone into airplane mode otherwise it’s going to be constantly trying to find a signal and will drain your battery doing so.
- Stop being so addicted. Do you really need to check every app obsessively and constantly press the home button to check for any messages? I do. But it’s killing our batteries. Let’s stop.
- Turn off push e-mail. I have my e-mail set so it only refreshes when I manually refresh it. If your phone is trying to fetch e-mail conversantly and checking your new mail, it’s going to drain your battery.
- Get a portable charger. I have a portable charger for when I know I’m going to be out of the house for a long time. I usually get a full charge out of mine, but there are some that give more charges. An absolute life saver!
Do you have any battery saving tips?